Thursday, June 9

My weekend cooking assignment

I think if I serve my husband and kid chicken one more time, they're going to boycott my kitchen. What can I say? When you're good at something you stick with it, right? Wrong. If I keep this up the only thing that'll be served up in my kitchen is a pink-slip. So I have a plan; we'll see if I can stick to it. I'd like to try a new recipe every week with a feature ingredient that my kitchen would consider exotic. Now I'm a realist - I like things that don't take all day, and I'm also all kinds of brokety-ass broke, so don't expect me to go all Coq au Vin on you. (Crap, that's chicken again isn't it?)

Since this is the starting weekend, it seems fitting to choose an 'A' ingredient. This weekend I'd like to do something with either artichokes or asparagus - this is about as exotic as I'm comfortable with for now... And conveniently I just posted a link to all sorts of nummy asparagus recipes!

So far not a bad way to start out a plan!
Check back to see if I actually follow through!

No comments:

Post a Comment